I'm using this family venue to share my joy in my Mother's Day present. If you haven't been to facebook yet to see my status, or if you failed to read the title of this blog post...I got an iPhone!
Yes you're saying "Welcome to 2007 Kalie. Nice of you to catch up."
First of all Shut Up
Second of all I delayed the purchase because I didn't realize what I was missing out on until Jesse found his way into a free iTouch last year. Even then we didn't understand how awesome that was. It seemed bulky and complicated. How can I take this big thingy jogging? And I had a nano which I was super excited about anyway. I think it sat unused until we got wi-fi set up at home in December.
We realized there were a lot apps we could upload straight from the iTouch, without even using the computer. And that many of those apps were free. It was a nice adult pacifier in long lines, during boring business meetings and road trips.
Then it turned into the 4 year old entertainer. There are many free preschooler apps that Jesse II really loved about shapes, letters, numbers, animals, and he even figured out how to play Hearts and Bowling. He can maneuver through it himself without us having to help him so that was a huge life saver in 90% of shopping outings.
Except there was only 1 iTouch and 3 people. One of which doesn't share well (big Jesse) So we decided to save the fighting we'd get another one. But they aren't cheap...kind of hard to justify spending $300 for a pacifier. So that led us to the iPhone. With our phone upgrade eligibility we were able to get me the iPhone for a lot cheaper. And since I'm the tech wiz in our family it was only natural that it be my phone. Jesse will just have to wait for his upgrade!!
It's just as amazing as I knew it would be. In fact, I've spent most of the day glued to it, ignoring the family that I was supposed to have been rewarded for taking care of (oops!)
I'm one lucky mama. Not just because I got a great gift but because I have two Jesse Boys that can share it with me. Unless I'm sleeping with it, then its off limits.
Thanksgiving 2018
7 years ago
Yeah! I don't have one yet, but last year on a girls weekend my friend fell asleep with hers in her hand. I sweetly tried to sneak it away from her so she could sleep. I thought I had just taken the ring from Gollum. Scary! The are wonderfully addicting!
ReplyDeleteLove ya and congrats!